- Are you aged 15 – 19?
- Can you shoot a roll of 35mm film? (you don’t need to have your own camera – we can provide one!)
- Have you made at least one print in a darkroom before?
- Are you keen to learn new darkroom skills?
Stills Young People’s Masterclasses are aimed at those who have got a little bit of experience and would like to get back into the darkroom to improve their skills. We’d like to encourage all young photography enthusiasts to take part in our new Masterclasses so if you answered ‘yes’ to the questions above, read on!
B&W Darkroom Photography, Windows To The Soul: Portraiture & Printing, Saturday 4th June, 11am – 5pm
This masterclass is designed to encourage you to make a series of prints based on a set brief. You will be guided through printing techniques with our tutor on hand to advise how to get the best out of your photographs. During this workshop you will:
- Be given a project to work on. You need to arrive with a shot roll of black & white film. We can provide this for you as well as the loan of a camera if needed!
- Process your film.
- Spend the day in the darkroom making prints from your negatives, concentrating on bringing out the best tones and helping build your confidence using Stills darkrooms.
Don’t worry – we are not expecting anyone to be experts! You will have a whole day to practice new techniques and build your confidence, so even if you are unsure about your level of experience you should still get in touch.
And there is even more good news – these workshops won’t cost you a thing! We’ll even provide some tea and biscuits!
There are limited places available, so what are you waiting for? Email or call Claire, email@example.com, 0131 622 6200 to book your place on one, or both of these masterclasses today.Find Out More